I'm not sure of the best reasons to buy it ~ mostly business related. I'm not a game'r, don't listen to music or Podcasts often, but love the portability.
    Just looking for main reasons an "average" user would value the mini
    12-03-2016 04:41 PM
    Welcome to iMore.

I have an iPad 4. But my son has the mini. The two main reasons to own one in my opinion is for travel and sitting around browsing the web. I use mine for business but is is just for building websites and seeing how the sites look on it. But for travel you can't beat it. I keep movies and music on mine for down time when I am away. Also nice to use in the evening for browsing instead of having my MacBook Pro in my lap.
    robertk328 and taz323 like this.
    12-03-2016 06:51 PM
    Welcome to iMore.

I have an iPad 4. But my son has the mini. The two main reasons to own one in my opinion is for travel and sitting around browsing the web. I use mine for business but is is just for building websites and seeing how the sites look on it. But for travel you can't beat it. I keep movies and music on mine for down time when I am away. Also nice to use in the evening for browsing instead of having my MacBook Pro in my lap.
    I love my big 15" MBP but really want a Mini 4 for just that reason.
    firedept10 likes this.
    12-03-2016 07:03 PM
    I love my big 15" MBP but really want a Mini 4 for just that reason.
    I use my sons Mini on occasion. Super lightweight and quick. You'll enjoy using one.
    12-03-2016 07:32 PM
    I use my sons Mini on occasion. Super lightweight and quick. You'll enjoy using one.
    I have the first gen but is it ever slow. Hardly use it anymore but it's definitely the perfect size.
    firedept10 likes this.
    12-03-2016 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD