Is installing MS Office recommended?

I

iMore Question

I received MS Office Home and Student as a gift and was wondering if I should install it.

Questions-

Do I open myself up to any security risks using it?

Can Pages open a word document? (And vice versa)

We are a Windows and Mac household.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I would say go ahead and install. I don't think there would be any security problems. I assume (uhoh) that you intend to install on the PC and not the Mac.

MS single apps are available for IOS and they tend to be better quality wise than the same app on WM.

See what the consensus is from other posters. I have PC office and individual apps on my 6s+ and have no problems.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I

iMore Question

Clearer Q - Should I install MS Office on our Mac

Just to be clear, we are asking about installing MS Home & Student 2011 for Macintosh.

We do have it installed on our Windows computer was just wondering if there was any advantage to having it on the Mac as well; or is it just redundant??

Our Mac is a laptop so if not really needed the space saving is always nice though not critical.

Hope I explained it better this time.

Thank you.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
(I've merged your two threads)

The advantage is that you can use Office on your Mac. Functionally there's really no difference.

Please join the forum and reply back within this thread rather than creating new threads. Thanks. How to Sign Up at iMore

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234