Should I upgrade to iOS 10

I

iMore Question

I am currently using iOS 8. I am not sure if I should upgrade to iOS 10. I have some game apps, that say they will not work or may not be compatible/optimized with iOS 9. Does this mean they would not work with iOS 10? I know that if I upgrade and some games don't work, I don't think I can go back to iOS 8 where they do work.

happyjess

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I don't think the apps would work with iOS 10 if it doesn't work with iOS 9. You can't go back to iOS 8 unless you jailbreak. Honestly at first I hated the iOS 10 but I got used to it. There are some cool features and upgrades though. My favorite would be the messages app.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I am currently using iOS 8. I am not sure if I should upgrade to iOS 10. I have some game apps, that say they will not work or may not be compatible/optimized with iOS 9. Does this mean they would not work with iOS 10? I know that if I upgrade and some games don't work, I don't think I can go back to iOS 8 where they do work.

Welcome to iMore! You'll want to check for app compatibility in App Store under Purchased (see image below). I wouldn't be overly concerned though; the vast majority of apps have been updated to work with the newer version of iOS.

And you are correct in your assumption that you can't revert back to an earlier version of iOS (unless you jailbreak).

4d81f24a651a7cd73d1a5f0eaeee2063.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner