Will I lose my iCloud backup?

I

iMore Question

I just upgraded my phone. I backed up my old phone and restored it to my new phone, but now I'm realizing there are two iCloud backups, one from the old phone and one for my new phone (labelled: This phone) If i delete the new iCloud backup, will it make my main iCloud backup the old one or should I delete the old one and let all my info come back in?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Delete the old one if you no longer have the old device. Deleting the new backup won't do anything because he new device will keep making a new one.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to iPhones. I have 5GB of iCloud storage now. What do I do if I need more iCloud storage. Stupid questions but I would like to know.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to iPhones. I have 5GB of iCloud storage now. What do I do if I need more iCloud storage. Stupid questions but I would like to know.

There's no stupid question. Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Change Storage Plan. I pay $2.99/month for 200 GB.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I also have a question about storage. I currently have Dropbox 1TB which I pay 9.99 a month. Would it be easier to switch to Apples iCloud storage which is the same price since I now have an Apple device or should I just keep Dropbox? Asking since Apple automatically backs up photos and wallpapers etc so I wouldn't have to go and manually upload to Dropbox which seems like a major benefit.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I also have a question about storage. I currently have Dropbox 1TB which I pay 9.99 a month. Would it be easier to switch to Apples iCloud storage which is the same price since I now have an Apple device or should I just keep Dropbox? Asking since Apple automatically backs up photos and wallpapers etc so I wouldn't have to go and manually upload to Dropbox which seems like a major benefit.

The benefit to Dropbox is that it's a true online storage solution. iCloud, on the other hand, just creates a backup of content already on your device. Using iCloud, if you delete an item off of your device it will also be deleted off of iCloud. Dropbox will retain the item even after it's deleted from your device.

Why do people use iCloud? Because it's a rather seamless experience and it's simple.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
The benefit to Dropbox is that it's a true online storage solution. iCloud, on the other hand, just creates a backup of content already on your device. Using iCloud, if you delete an item off of your device it will also be deleted off of iCloud. Dropbox will retain the item even after it's deleted from your device.

Why do people use iCloud? Because it's a rather seamless experience and it's simple.

Thanks. I didn't think about losing something if I deleted it from iCloud. I'll be keeping my Dropbox.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73