Should I consider a different wireless carrier?

I

iMore Question

I have gone to different parts of my house, in my car or outside and am always told by person I called that I am breaking up or they can't hear me. After two (2) new I-7 phones, Verizon returned my money and I am back with my old I-4 phone. What can you suggest - I never get more than two filled-in circles in upper left corner which I believe indicates low power supply but not sure. Should I consider another carrier such as AT&T?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Makes sense to me. If you're getting bad service in your house you might want to try a different carrier. You might also want to try using Wi-Fi calling. It can be turned on in Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling. It may not be available on your iphone 4 but I'm not positive.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I use Cricket on my 6s+. They are an AT&T company and the coverage is mostly the same and the price is a bit lower. If you don't like, you can always go to full AT&T.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Makes sense to me. If you're getting bad service in your house you might want to try a different carrier. You might also want to try using Wi-Fi calling. It can be turned on in Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling. It may not be available on your iphone 4 but I'm not positive.
To use Wi-Fi Calling, you need an iPhone 5c or later on a supported carrier.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Here is the bigger picture. How is Verizon outside your house? Your place of work? Where dine or go to the gym? If it is your house where you are having the issue and nowhere else, then get an iphone that supports wifi calling. I use it a lot in my house and it works flawlessly. It is seamless and goes back to tower when your signal improves.

If all those other places have a bad signal and you would get better service with another carrier, then switching would be your best choice.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have gone to different parts of my house, in my car or outside and am always told by person I called that I am breaking up or they can't hear me. After two (2) new I-7 phones, Verizon returned my money and I am back with my old I-4 phone. What can you suggest - I never get more than two filled-in circles in upper left corner which I believe indicates low power supply but not sure. Should I consider another carrier such as AT&T?

Did you always get bad service with verizon or is it new with the iPhone 7? If you have good service I would say try a different phone. If you've always had poor service then yes check other options that work better for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner