iTunes Prompting With Incorret Email

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased an iPhone 7 and during setup it prompted me with my wife's @live email address for the iTunes Store even though I signed into the phone with my @me account. Her @live is NOT a secondary or rescue email on my account. Her @live account has NO TIES to my Apple ID whatsoever. About a year ago we had family sharing setup where I initiated and invited her. Family Sharing has been disabled for 7 months. Any thoughts on why it would display her email for the iTunes Store?

Also, when I go into settings for the iTunes Store, my @me address is listed there.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
My guess would be that you have an app, song or video purchased via her account in your library, and when your new phone was syncing it requested her account to validate the purchase. It's a legacy from when you WERE family sharing. At least that is my guess.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
You are correct. I just got off the phone with Apple Support and they said the same thing. Now I need to find out what item it's looking for because we really didn't purchase much. Thanks!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You are correct. I just got off the phone with Apple Support and they said the same thing. Now I need to find out what item it's looking for because we really didn't purchase much. Thanks!

It really shouldn't hurt things to just input her password and let the app, song or video sync, unless there is an issue with getting her password. You guys still together right? Worst-case, just hand her the phone, let her punch in her password, and then be done with it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73