Taptic Engine usage in Custom Vibration?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
re:

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Are you creating an app, and you want to access the taptic engine within your app? Or something else?

kirankannan8

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
re:

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Are you creating an app, and you want to access the taptic engine within your app? Or something else?

No, I'm not creating an app. I'm asking if we can use the taptic engine for creating a custom vibration iMoreAppImg_20161116_232533.jpg

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
re:

Still trying to get help here, please standby. :) I have just now reached a little further. :)

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
re:

I don't believe you can customize vibrations on the AW. Would be a nice feature for a future WatchOS release, though.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
re:

You won't be able to use Taptic Engine to create a custom vibration, just regular old vibrations. I would submit feedback just as @pkcable suggested. Maybe they'll implement it in the near future.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
re:

I'm in love with the vibration of the Taptic Engine :p
Is there any way how I can use the Taptic engine in my custom vibration?

Hi!

The Taptic Engine is the only vibration motor in iPhone 6s and iPhone 7, so that's exactly what you're using to make your custom vibrations.

The only downside is that the type of custom vibrations you can make are extremely limited and don't really take advantage of the full range of the Taptic Engine. At least not yet!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2