Getting a new iPhone. Have never used screen protectors before. Do they slow down responsiveness? Should I bother with one?
    11-12-2016 01:57 PM
    Welcome to iMore!

Screen protectors are fine. They're a matter of personal preference honestly. I use them. I have the Spigen GLAS.tr on my iPhone 7 Plus and have 0 issues with responsiveness!

Good luck!
    11-12-2016 02:01 PM
    I'd also recommend the glass screen protectors, can barely tell they are on there. I'd stay away from the plastic ones though.
    11-12-2016 03:26 PM
    I use a screen protector as well. I had Apple install my Pure2. I have no problems with responsiveness.
    11-12-2016 05:01 PM
    I've never liked screen protectors, but I decided to try an edge to edge glass protector on my new 6S Plus. I got the KlearLook from Amazon and I really like it. You can't tell at all that there's a screen protector on my phone. The edges of this one curve down to match the curve of the glass so you have to be careful about the case you use. I have a Cadabe Synthesis case that works perfectly with it. Love both the Cadabe case and the KlearLook.

Update: Have to retract my recommendation of the KlearLook unfortunately. It looks good, but because I put it on when I first got my phone I didn't realize how much it was hindering touch sensitivity. When typing I sometimes had trouble getting the "a" on the keyboard to respond. Also had to touch twice sometimes on apps and other things to get a response. It didn't occur to me at first it was the screen protector because I sort of forgot it was there. It hit me last night that no, dummy, it's not the phone, bet it's the screen protector! And sure enough I peeled that puppy off and the screen is beautifully responsive. And the "a" no longer gives me issues, Lol. But it did look very nice, guess that's why I didn't think about it.
    Last edited by Westiemom; 11-27-2016 at 07:32 AM.
    11-12-2016 05:21 PM
    I use the zag glass screen protector because if the lifetime warranty. Already broken it twice and been replaced without any issue. Barely tell it's there. Watch for deals at Best Buy to get theirs cheap.
    11-12-2016 05:49 PM
    Getting a new iPhone. Have never used screen protectors before. Do they slow down responsiveness? Should I bother with one?
    I wouldn't bother with one. But that's just me.
    11-12-2016 05:55 PM
    I use Ghost Armour on my 6s and it works fine I have scratched a few screens before and it bugged the hell out of me especially on a new phone and once it is scratched you live with it or replace your screen (expensive)
    11-13-2016 05:48 AM