My Aunt's phone had it's other category taking up about 20 gigs on her 32 gb phone. I reset it, loaded her backup and it was all gone. A few weeks later she calls me again saying its full again. So I again reset and loaded her backup. "Other" data is gone again but I've been having her monitor it. Its growing at the rate of about 1 gig a day :-/

She's not a big texter, and Ive had her delete all her text threads anyways. Still growing. I had her remove her email account and even delete Mail.app. I've had her clear the Safari temp files and cookies. The only thing that makes the "other"data go away is resetting but it just keeps coming back.

What could be causing this?
    11-11-2016 02:49 PM
    Welcome to the iMore forum. I remember an article about this but can't find it. However, using the find function on this site for 'other data' gives a lot of topics/posts about this issue, you might find a solution there.
    11-12-2016 03:43 PM
    Usually this happens on me when I open applications, because applications creates temp file while it runs, so to keep it smooth in running again it will store this files for you so it will take less time for you to load the app. Im not familiar though in apple products but i do think that would be.
    11-12-2016 06:32 PM