Having to use a passcode is time consuming and I didn't even have it on my phone until the latest update.
    11-10-2016 11:41 AM
    So you do not want your device or it's contents protected at all? Well, if you really wish it to be completely unsecured, go to Settings > Touch ID and Passcode. Tap "Turn Passcode off". That will disable both the passcode and Touch ID.

I strongly recommend against doing so!
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    11-10-2016 11:51 AM
    I'm confused. The thread title asks, 'how can I delete the TouchID and enter a passcode on my phone?' Yet, the post therein indicates that you find entering a passcode time consuming and that you didn't.t even have one set until the last update. Please join the iMore Forums and reply in this thread with a better explanation of what you need help with. Also, if you didn't have what I assume is a lock screen passcode prior to updating your device, a passcode should not be miraculously set on it afterwards.
    11-10-2016 11:55 AM
    I'm confused. The thread title asks, 'how can I delete the TouchID and enter a passcode on my phone?' Yet, the post therein indicates that you find entering a passcode time consuming and that you didn't.t even have one set until the last update. Please join the iMore Forums and reply in this thread with a better explanation of what you need help with. Also, if you didn't have what I assume is a lock screen passcode prior to updating your device, a passcode should not be miraculously set on it afterwards.
    I believe the OP meant How can I delete the "Touch ID" and "Enter passcode" on my phone? As in how can I disable both.

Definitely more info needed, as you say.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-10-2016 12:11 PM