Received a virus message.

I

iMore Question

My young children are constantly playing on my phone. A couple weeks ago they ran the phone back to me with a message on the screen that said whatever page it was they had gotten to/link they clicked on had installed a virus on my phone. I wouldn't have thought anything of it because I thought iPhones were almost like immune to viruses, but ever since then, my phone constantly pops up the box that asks me to login to my Apple ID. One morning my phone popped up a box asking if I had logged in with my Apple ID in some city in the Middle East. Also when I actually tried to log in with my Apple ID it said my password was incorrect( which I know was not the case because I have had the same one ever since my first iPhone) so it prompted me to reset my password. Now I have not logged back in to it yet because I'm nervous that I actually do have some kind of virus. Is this possible?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! It's not likely that it's a virus but it's better to be safe than sorry. First, go to http://appleid.apple.com from another computer/device and reset your password. While you're in there turn on two-factor authentication. Put your iPhone into DFU mode and restore via iTunes. I HIGHLY recommend setting it up as a new device rather than restoring from a backup.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2