Can I use 4 screen shots from iMovie for MacIntosh in a scientific paper?

I

iMore Question

Can I use 4 screen shots from iMovie for MacIntosh in a scientific paper?

Background: A paper of mine (and other colleagues) explaining how analyze movement (data originally pertaining to fly courtship, stored in VHS) using computer vision technology has been accepted for publication. We would like to use four screen shots from iMovie to accompany our verbal explanation. We use iMOvie to improve the visual quality of the digitized input.

Of course, if I cannot use the images, we will go with the verbal explanation. If the answer is "yes", I will appreciate a name and professional affiliation so that we can acknowledge him/her/them.

Never have I been in this site (or intend to return). Hence, could I have answer(s) sent to my email address?

Gratefully,

Jorge Santiago-Blay, PhD

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't see why not, especially if the "screenshots" contain images you photographed and not images belonging to others.

blayjorge

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello Just_Me_D:

Thanks for your email. Are you Apple-authorized to give permissions or are you one more member of the community? The images come from videos I took from my own research. The background of the screenshots display the iMovie screens and I just want to make sure it is OK with Apple.

Cheers,

Jorge

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner