Which Mac computer to buy?

I

iMore Question

I'm confused more than ever even after a week or so since the "big" news and release of the new MacBook Pro.

I've been using an incredible slow MacBook Pro from about 2008 and was all ready to jump in and buy a new version but not sure now.

I use my computer everyday but mostly just for browsing and Microsoft Word. I also have a lot of files and would prefer 256k of storage. I'm willing to spend money but also want to be reasonable since I realize I use my computer for basic things.

Do I purchase an old, outdated Air? A newer but still pricy in itself 2015 MacBook Pro? Do I just go all in with the 2016 MacBook Pro? Any and all advice is much appreciated!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

It sounds like you are doing very basic things on you MBP. Unless the touch bar really peeks your interest, I would not buy one. You would not get the full use out of the 2016. Shame to spend money when you don't need it. I would consider a refurbished MBP. Very good machines spec wise. Oh the 13" you can save $200-300 and on the 15" up to $400. Worthy machines that will last you just as long as the new ones. Or even look at the MacBook or MBA refurbs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner