How do you stop synching photos between your iPhone and ipad without deleting the existing photos. Turning icloud photo off brings up a message saying all shared photos will be deleted. I just want to stop synching future photos not the ones already on each device. I don't want to delete any photos already on each device-just stop synching future photos.
    11-01-2016 03:49 PM
    The idea of icloud photos is that all your photos are on icloud and kindof mirrorred to your devices, with a copy or a preview if you have optimized storage enabled.

I'm not sure if what you want can be done directly. If you have a pc/mac and your photos are on that also. Then you can turn icloud off which removes the photo, and the use itunes to put the photos back on your device again 'manually' by adding the photos to itunes and sync from there. That way it won't be synced anymore from icloud.

If you for instance share the ipad with other family members, why not turn icloud photos off at that device? If you still need to be able to get photos there, you could create a seperate appleid on that device and use photosharing so you can select what photos the iPad can see in the shared album.
    11-01-2016 05:16 PM
    Maybe I'm not making it clear. My wife has a iPhone and I have an ipad. They are synched together so if I take a picture it shows up on both devices and if she takes a picture it also shows up on both devices. We would like for that to stop happening on all future pictures but do not want to erase what pictures are already on both devices.

If I turn off icloud photos on either device it says all the photos will be deleted. We do not want to delete what is already on them- just want them to stop posting future photos on both devices.
    11-01-2016 09:09 PM
    Maybe I'm not making it clear. My wife has a iPhone and I have an ipad. They are synched together so if I take a picture it shows up on both devices and if she takes a picture it also shows up on both devices. We would like for that to stop happening on all future pictures but do not want to erase what pictures are already on both devices.

If I turn off icloud photos on either device it says all the photos will be deleted. We do not want to delete what is already on them- just want them to stop posting future photos on both devices.
    Why don't you try disabling iCloud Photo Library on one of the devices to see what happens. Don't worry, the photos will only be deleted locally and not from iCloud Photo Library or from the other device.
    If the result is not what you looked for, you can simply enable iCloud Photo Library again to have those photos back on that device.

If this is the case, you have another option, albeit one you have to be very patient for.
    Namely:
    -Disable iCloud Photo Library on the device you don't want synced anymore.
    -Wait till all photos are deleted.
    -Now pick up the device with all the photos on it and open up the Photos app, select Albums > All Photos and select all photos you want to transfer to the other device.
    -Tap the share button on the lower left and choose airdrop to have them transferred.

Good luck and let us know if this was what you're looking for.
    11-02-2016 07:40 AM
    It looks like you both need to get your own appld Id.
    Then you can create a shared album like I mentioned above.
    That should make things a lot easier for you.
    Apple devices are seen as personal devices so you should always use them with your own account.
    Creating shared albums is a nice way to still share photos with eachother and still have control on what you want to share. Just add a photo and the other one will see it automatically.
    11-02-2016 12:25 PM