This has been Bothering me since I first got an iPhone 6. While I am typing out a long text message a phone call will come or I leave the messaging app to answer an email, etc. The long text message when I go back is completely gone and never to be seen again. My question is where does it go? There is no 'drafts' section in iMessage and most of the time the message in question took an hour or more to write out and it's extremely important.

Occasionally the body of the message will reappear a half hour or so after it was lost- but it doesn't show where it came from or where it was found??

This has been my #1 issue with iPhones and I am surprised I can't find any forums or questions asked after this happens repeatedly to me and I can't be alone on it

To reiterate- the problem is when I am typing out a long text message somehow I get taken away from the message app to answer a phone call, go to emails or another app- when I return to the message it has completely disappeared with no sign of where it went or what happened to it

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    10-30-2016 03:58 PM
    I have noticed the same issue happening to me as well in the past. Same description, sometimes it will show the message and sometimes it's completely gone. I don't have a solution for this issue. But I would like to ask you if you have "Background App Refresh" ON for the Messages app? This way we can try to isolate the issue if you would like.
    10-30-2016 05:00 PM
    I can't seem to find where to the background refresh question...I have searched absolutely eveywheee and I turned off the app refresh for all apps as that is all I could do. Still nothing and it is brutal as sometimes I will be writing an extremely involved business message and it's lost at the blink of an eye. Any advice I would appreciate so very much!
    11-01-2016 01:59 PM
    There is no 'drafts' section in iMessage and most of the time the message in question took an hour or more to write out and it's extremely important.
    Sidenote: You take an hour or more composing one single iMessage?

To your question, there really isn't a drafts area. I'd imagine those messages are simply deleted. I think your case is unique as I'm not sure of many people who spend that much time composing a text. I'd recommend you compose your messages in the Notes app, then copy and paste them into the message. That would prevent the possibility of losing a message you've spent so much time on.

Or use email.

I've had instances where I will compose a message, leave the app and do something else, then come back and it will still be there. Other times it will be removed. I think it depends on what resources your phone requires. If it can do other tasks while keeping your message in tact it will. Otherwise it discards it so you can do whatever it is you're doing uninterrupted.
    11-01-2016 02:10 PM
    I can't seem to find where to the background refresh question...I have searched absolutely eveywheee and I turned off the app refresh for all apps as that is all I could do. Still nothing and it is brutal as sometimes I will be writing an extremely involved business message and it's lost at the blink of an eye. Any advice I would appreciate so very much!
    It is honestly interesting to me that people are using text messaging as a means of sending long and important messages. It seems rather inefficient. Especially in a time where our emails are only a finger press away.
    11-01-2016 02:12 PM
    I've been testing this. I typed about 10 lines of text, then leave messages, go elsewhere, return, and the text is always there as I left it. Perhaps the message is simply too long for messages to keep. Try shorter messages and see if that works.
    11-01-2016 03:13 PM