Backed up my iPhone 5s and then my non-itunes-downloaded music was gone from my phone.

I

iMore Question

I don't know what happened but my phone had none of the music i had previously anymore, except for the ones i bought directly from iTunes. I tried adding the songs again directly from my iTunes library, but checked under devices and they all had the dotted grey circle beside them, none of which were loading. I've since deleted all the music off my phone, and just want to know what happened. I don't have Apple Music, I don't have any settings that say "iCloud Music Library," so I don't know what to do.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Something else had to have happened. Simply backing up your iPhone, whether via iCloud or iTunes, does NOT delete your music from the device. If the music that disappeared or is inactive was music you downloaded while being an Music subscriber then yes, what you've described can happen once you've cancelled your Music subscription. If that is not the case, please join the iMore Forums and reply in this particular thread. Thanks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW