upgrade to a new macbook from 2009 macbook pro with 4 GB memorory & 6 MB Ram, what should I get

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: upgrade to a new macbook from 2009 macbook pro with 4 GB memorory & 6 MB Ram, what should I get

Any of the current MacBook models will be sufficient. If I recommend anything, it's that you get the most RAM you can afford when you make your purchase.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: upgrade to a new macbook from 2009 macbook pro with 4 GB memorory & 6 MB Ram, what should I get

I just bought a "new" MacBook Air 13 spec'd out. It's new but considered the Early 2015 model. Double edge sword though as I like having the USB ports but clearly Apple is moving in a different direction and we probably won't see direct USB ports.

I had a mid 2009 MacBook Pro and went to the Air and it's way faster and much lighter, etc. But clearly tech has advanced so if you have the money for a new Pro and are willing to buy the adapters, go for it! That's said, the Air doesn't disappoint.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
upgrade to a new macbook from 2009 macbook pro with 4 GB memorory & 6 MB Ram, what should I get

I just bought a "new" MacBook Air 13 spec'd out. It's new but considered the Early 2015 model. Double edge sword though as I like having the USB ports but clearly Apple is moving in a different direction and we probably won't see direct USB ports.

I had a mid 2009 MacBook Pro and went to the Air and it's way faster and much lighter, etc. But clearly tech has advanced so if you have the money for a new Pro and are willing to buy the adapters, go for it! That's said, the Air doesn't disappoint.

I agree with this. Love the new machines, but it doesn't seem like you'll need all the added features, OP.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods