If I have backed up all my photos and video onto iCloud and I delete them from my phone, will they also then be deleted from my iCloud storage?? I have been told two differing answers. What good is the backup on the cloud if you lose it when you clear space on your phone?

Does our phone have its own "hard drive" so to speak, that will eventually be saturated, so we have to free up space in order to take more pictures? And is the need to delete the photos, but will they still be saved out on the cloud?
    10-29-2016 08:17 AM
    If I have backed up all my photos and video onto iCloud and I delete them from my phone, will they also then be deleted from my iCloud storage??
    Backing up and syncing are two different things. If you've backed up your photos then they can be restored. If they are synced then a change on one device will be reflected on all devices.
    I have been told two differing answers.
    I understand.
    What good is the backup on the cloud if you lose it when you clear space on your phone?
    I hear ya. Having said that, if you were to erase all contents and settings (basically deleting all non-native data from your iPhone), your photos will NOT be deleted from your iCloud Photo Library.

Does our phone have its own "hard drive" so to speak, that will eventually be saturated, so we have to free up space in order to take more pictures? And is the need to delete the photos, but will they still be saved out on the cloud?
    The iPhone has it's own storage capacity, and depending on your iPhone model, the storage sizes can range from 8GB to 256 GB. If you find that you are running out of storage space, you will need to either delete some data or transfer some data off of the device. Period. Since you specifically mentioned photos, I will tell you what I do. I use Microsoft's OneDrive solely for the safekeeping of photos. Its iOS app allows for photos taken on your iPhone to auto upload to its servers for safekeeping. Just something to consider...
    10-29-2016 09:55 AM