iMessages reach MacBook but not iPhone (and vice versa)

EBUK

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I find that sometimes, when I receive and iMessage, the message will arrive on my iPhone 7 but not my MacBook Air, and sometimes it's the other way round.

Both devices are up to date with the latest OS and app updates, so I can't see an obvious reason. Most times the message arrives simultaneously on both devices.

Has anyone else experienced this or have a solution?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In both devices, make sure that the "Send & Receive" option is the same. For example, if the iPhone is configured with your phone number and Apple ID whereas your MBA is only configured with your Apple ID, you will not receive iMessages on both items if the message was sent using your phone number. If the message was sent using your Apple ID then you would receive the message on both devices. I hope that made sense...(laughing)

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
In both devices, make sure that the "Send & Receive" option is the same. For example, if the iPhone is configured with your phone number and Apple ID whereas your MBA is only configured with your Apple ID, you will not receive iMessages on both items if the message was sent using your phone number. If the message was sent using your Apple ID then you would receive the message on both devices. I hope that made sense...(laughing)

Yes, agreed. Also, the message will notify from the device most recently used for sending the message. If you ignore the notification for a period of time, you will then receive the notification on the other device as well. (Provided it is setup correctly as mentioned above.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro