How Do I get Rid of Dummy Icons in Mac Launchpad?

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my first week with a Mac after 30 years of Windows (yep, since 1.0 in the '80's). I downloaded a couple of my games from Steam, and two of them failed to work properly. They both gave an error when run, and the app icons are actually the Steam icon. I deleted both programs through Steam, but I still have the two Steam icons in the Launchpad with the games' names under them. If I hold on the icons until they jiggle, no x appears above those two icons. At the moment, I put them in a subfolder called "garbage." How can I get rid of them?

BlackNightmare

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
To remove apps from the launchpad, you can simply open it and drag the icon/app you want to remove in the Trash, on the dock. If this does not solve it, open the App folder from Finder and remove any possible folders/icon that you want to remove

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I tried that. The App isn't in the Finder, and when I click on the icon in the Launchpad, it just dumps me back to the desktop. Nothing appears on the Dock.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I also tried uninstalling Steam and re-installing it, but I still cannot get rid of the dummy icons in the Launchpad.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro