Why can't I join a friendly gym?

I

iMore Question

I was training in a friendly gym, and did beat all the pokemons in the gym. The gym prestige went to zero, and my Pokemon was the only one left after I joined it? Have I missed something vital here?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I was training in a friendly gym, and did beat all the pokemons in the gym. The gym prestige went to zero, and my Pokemon was the only one left after I joined it? Have I missed something vital here?

If you were at a friendly gym, and after you did the training the prestige points were at 0, that means other teams were battling the gym at the same time. It's been a while since I was able to battle at gyms, if I remember correctly beating all Pok?mon at a gym while training will earn you 2,000 prestige points, while defeating all Pok?mon at an opposing gym drops prestige points by 2,500. In other words, if the gym you trained at started with 2,000 prestige points and defeated all the Pok?mon while training, the prestige points would be 4,000. However, if two people from an opposing team battle gym simultaneously and both defeat all the Pok?mon in the gym, the prestige would lower by 5,000 taking it to 0 prestige points and allowing for a takeover. It sounds like you managed to place your Pok?mon in the gym before anyone else, which is why you're Pok?mon would have been all alone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR