IOS 10 contact search problem

I

iMore Question

I recently updated my iphone 6s to IOS 10, now when i charge my phone to 100%, and then go to contacts (I'll see all my contacts) but when I go and search(in contacts app) any name (which is there in my contact list), the answer I get is "No result found".
What to do?

Help will be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

My suggestion would be to do a hard reset. Hold the power & home button at the same time until you see the  logo. Then release the buttons and wait for it to finish. Hopefully this will solve the problem for you. Thanks!

punit bhatia

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
I am facing the same issue but the problem still persist. As u said press home and lock button I did the same but nothing is happening.

Kindly help.

Thanks

jbermudez3

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm facing the same problem, while in he contacts App, I try to look for any name and the No Results message appear, I well over 800 contacts, and none of them show up. I'm running iOS version10.1.1 (Build 14B150) on an iPhone 7. Any help would be appreciated.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
If you the new iPhone 7 or 7 plus you have to hold the Dow. Volume button and the power button until you see the Apple logo and then let go.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
When I type people's name in my message they can't be found and when I have siri call people she cannot find them in my contacts, 10.2 b7, I think it's just a glitch in iOS 10

teweeweet

Dec 16, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem, tried everything and not working, Until I decided to upgrade the newest iOS 10.2 and the contact search working again

Meosooli

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
I had this problem for some time until I read threads on this post. First I did a hard reset and it worked to some extent. Still some of the contacts could not be searched even though I had them in front of my eyes :) Then I installed an awaiting upgrade and the problem was fully resolved. Maybe waiting upgrades result in such problem as I almost had the issue from the same time I had an awaiting upgrade.

Shadyshark

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
I too suffered an issue but slightly different, when I created a new text message the screen would freeze for 5 or so seconds when I attempted to type a contacts name, then the name(s) would appear after the freeze. This is the first time I've ever had issues with iOS 10, happened only after latest update. Force resetting by holding down volume and power simultaneously (iPhone 7) has seemed to fix the problem. A general restart will not work. Force resetting doesn't reset your iPhone to factory settings it's simply like holding down the power button on a pc.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2