No widget to connect to specific Bluetooth device?

PilotGav

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
Is there seriously no way to connect to a specific BT device from a widget or icon? It's insane to have to go into SETTINGS - Bluetooth just to connect.

I'm assuming this is another thing Apple has locked down?

Thanks for any advice.

Gavin

erichards2

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
That is correct. It's a painstaking process. It's needed because most BT devices don't have the independent systems to recognize the connection. Unlike the new air pods that have their own W1 chip. Cheers!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Painstaking? 2 taps and you're there. I never had issue with that. I can swipe right to the widgets and tap Bluetooth on my Launcher widgets. It goes straight to Bluetooth in Settings. Not sure it saves time though. It might.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Painstaking? 2 taps and you're there. I never had issue with that. I can swipe right to the widgets and tap Bluetooth on my Launcher widgets. It goes straight to Bluetooth in Settings. Not sure it saves time though. It might.

All my BT devices connect automatically. Glad you reminded me of Launcher, just in case I get a new one that doesn't.

charliez#AC

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not seeing a widget or option in Launcher for Bluetooth... what am I'm missing here? It's exactly what I downloaded Launcher for even before I read this today. Is it locked down to the paid version of Launcher?

charliez#AC

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Some do, some don't... for example, I connect automatically in my car, but I have some speakers in my home that only connect "on demand".

That said, I learned that Launcher is not allowed by Apple to include settings launchers, but there's a handy workaround

Last edited by a moderator:

charliez#AC

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, since my post was edited by the moderator to remove the link to the workaround instructions, may I suggest those interested simply Google "macrumors manual settings launchers"? Just look for the post "Manually creating Settings launchers in app launching apps"...

(Hope this is not considered a TOS violation...)

Antonio Ortega

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
No longer works starting in iOS 11

Well, since my post was edited by the moderator to remove the link to the workaround instructions, may I suggest those interested simply Google "macrumors manual settings launchers"? Just look for the post "Manually creating Settings launchers in app launching apps"...

(Hope this is not considered a TOS violation...)

UPDATE: These Settings URLs no longer work starting in iOS 11. Apple has removed that functionality from the Settings app. Your only choice to keep these functional would be to remain on iOS 10.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2