Apps on my iPad Mini don't "see" my photo library - help!

I

iMore Question

I downloaded iCloud to my iPad Mini yesterday, and since syncing it up with my photo library other apps don't see my photo library. For example, when I try to post to Instagram or add a photo to Gmaps, there is no photo library. When I take a photo with the camera, the new image doesn't appear in the photo library. When I open the iCloud app, it appears to have no photos in it, although in the settings it indicates that there are 669.6MB of photos on the iCloud....

Any ideas? I need to access my photo library for various clients for work purposes, so any help ASAP would be greatly appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. You don't download iCloud to an iOS device. You configure the device to sync with iCloud.
2. Use the share or open in option to upload pics to various services like the ones you referenced.
3. I'm going to assume that the "iCloud app" you mentioned is the iCloud Drive app. If so, that is not the same as your iCloud Photo Library, and thus, you will not see your pics therein.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Apps on my iPad Mini don't "see" my photo library - help!

A few more things to try:

1. This might sound silly but have you tried resetting your iPad? Reset your device by holding the power button and home button down simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo
2. Do you actually see your photos when you open your Photos app?
3. Go to Settings > Privacy > Photos, and make sure the apps that you want accessing your photo library are toggled on.

mbarnhardt

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Thank you!! Restarting did the trick! I was looking for a more complicated solution, I should have kept it stupid simple! ;)

Thanks a lot!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you!! Restarting did the trick! I was looking for a more complicated solution, I should have kept it stupid simple! ;)

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for joining the forum! It's amazing how many problems can be fixed with the old "turn it off, turn it on" trick. I used it on my car this morning when my infotainment system wasn't working.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner