does the battery in iphone become damaged and drained if you store it without being charged?
I have an iPhone 5 that I didn't use, but kept as a backup in case of an emergency or if one if my other phones became damaged. Now that I'd like to start using it, I have some concerns about whether I skewed the battery at all by lack of use and what can be done about it outside of changing the battery.
I honestly don't recall if there was any charge or not on the phone when it was stored in its box under room temperature conditions. I received the phone from my carrier.
I've heard conflicting information from the battery will drain to the current lithium batteries in iPhones have a "reserve" so there shouldn't be any damage to the battery.
- 10-16-2016, 09:18 PM #2
- 10-17-2016, 04:42 PM #3
- 11,187 Posts
- 2 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: does the battery in iphone become damaged and drained if you store it without being charged?
Actually, it matters. You should store any device with ~50% charge if you're not gonna use it for a long period.
- 10-18-2016, 10:41 PM #4
- 4,872 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
- By HardHitter#AC in forum iPhone 7 PlusReplies: 10Last Post: 11-22-2016, 10:05 AM
- By Xm_jdm in forum iPhone 7 PlusReplies: 11Last Post: 10-26-2016, 03:00 PM
- By Shyuura in forum iPhoneReplies: 5Last Post: 10-17-2016, 02:34 PM
- By FYI in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 10-16-2016, 09:55 PM
- By gconstantino in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 10-16-2016, 07:55 PM