does the battery in iphone become damaged and drained if you store it without being charged?
I have an iPhone 5 that I didn't use, but kept as a backup in case of an emergency or if one if my other phones became damaged. Now that I'd like to start using it, I have some concerns about whether I skewed the battery at all by lack of use and what can be done about it outside of changing the battery.
I honestly don't recall if there was any charge or not on the phone when it was stored in its box under room temperature conditions. I received the phone from my carrier.
I've heard conflicting information from the battery will drain to the current lithium batteries in iPhones have a "reserve" so there shouldn't be any damage to the battery.
- 10-16-2016, 08:18 PM #2
- 10-17-2016, 03:42 PM #3
- 10,548 Posts
Re: does the battery in iphone become damaged and drained if you store it without being charged?
Actually, it matters. You should store any device with ~50% charge if you're not gonna use it for a long period.
- 10-18-2016, 09:41 PM #4
- 4,330 Posts
- By HardHitter#AC in forum iPhone 7 PlusReplies: 7Last Post: Yesterday, 01:00 PM
- By Xm_jdm in forum iPhone 7 PlusReplies: 10Last Post: 10-20-2016, 08:03 PM
- By Shyuura in forum iPhoneReplies: 5Last Post: 10-17-2016, 01:34 PM
- By FYI in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 10-16-2016, 08:55 PM
- By gconstantino in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 10-16-2016, 06:55 PM