Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    FYI
    iMore Nanite

Default Is it a bad idea to use the iPhone when it's connected on the charger (and charging)?

I've heard that it's not a good idea to use the iphone when it's connected on the charger (and charging). This suggestion came up when I had asked for tips on maintaining the lifetime health of the battery and retaining maximum daily or more batter power.
    Do you agree or disagree that the phone shouldnt be used when on the charge, and why?

Default Re: Is it a bad idea to use the iPhone when it's connected on the charger (and charging)?

It doesn't matter either way. I do it a lot & have never had any issues.

Default Re: Is it a bad idea to use the iPhone when it's connected on the charger (and charging)?

I do it sometimes as well. Never for extended periods of time but it should be fine either way.

I do it all the time. It doesn't hurt the phone. When it's plugged in, it only uses power from where it's plugged in. It's good to let the phone run on its own battery some too though.