Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SwitchBeach
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default I have an iCloud acct but still having trouble with taking pictures/video's?

I have an iPhone 6 Plus 16 GB. I also have an iCloud account where I purchased 200GB. I can see the photo's when I look them on my PC iCloud But when I go to Storage & iCloud Usage it shows that I have 11.53 GB Used, Available 58.2MB and under iCloud, Total Storage 200GB & Available 196.96GB.Why is the purchased GB not reflected under total available storage? Every time I try to take a picture it tells me I don't have enough storage and it asks me if I want to manage my settings? Shouldn't the purchase of the additional memory allow me to take pictures or video's etc..?

Default Re: I have an iCloud acct but still having trouble with taking pictures/video's?

The numbers are off a bit, but in a nutshell, unless I'm mistaken, you have the original 5 GBs of iCloud storage and you purchased an additional 200 GBs totaling 205 GBs. 205 minus 11 is 194. It's not the same as 196, but it's in the ballpark, so to speak...
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    4,979 Global Posts

Default Re: I have an iCloud acct but still having trouble with taking pictures/video's?

And to add, your available iCloud storage is separate from the available space on the phone. If you are out of storage on the phone, you will need to delete some stuff before you can take more pictures.
    Just_Me_D likes this.