Hard time rearranging apps
I have a new iPhone 7 plus iOS 10.2. It's hard to rearrange the apps. Some times it comes with a menu, some times it opens the app and it is even harder to get them so you either delete one or rearrange one. Help
- 10-16-2016, 10:32 AM #2
- 10-16-2016, 10:49 AM #3iMore Newbie
- 10 Posts
Re: Hard time rearranging apps
Hi squill. What you're experiencing is called 3D Touch. When you press firmly on an app icon, if that app supports 3D Touch, it will call up a menu of quick options. 3D Touch is also useful within many apps (you can "peek", and with more force, "pop" into a message in Messages from the messages list, for example).
As the other person said, if you want to move or delete apps without engaging 3D Touch, rest your finger gently on an app icon (it doesn't matter which one) for about two seconds. Once they begin jiggling, you can move or delete them normally as on the iPhone 6 and earlier. Press the Taptic home button to return to normal (just like the older iPhones).
I hope this helps!
- By squill in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 10-16-2016, 09:01 PM
- By schmoejoe in forum Apple Watch Series 2Replies: 1Last Post: 10-16-2016, 09:20 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-15-2016, 10:57 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-15-2016, 10:13 PM
- By linear2202 in forum Apple Watch Series 2Replies: 0Last Post: 10-15-2016, 05:19 PM