Will an iphone make calls without a data plan
We have Verizon and I had the data shut off on my sons iPhone. They told me that with the data off, he can't use the phone just for talking. They told me the iPhone needs the data on to even use the phone just for talking.
- 10-12-2016, 06:35 PM #2
- 10-12-2016, 07:14 PM #3iMore Expert
- 806 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: Will an iphone make calls without a data plan
I've never hear about iPhone needing internet data flowing before you can make a GSM call. I can turn off cellular data on my iPhone as well as wifi and still be able to make and receive phone calls.
Now Internet data does allow applications such as FaceTime audio video, Skype and other Voice over IP application to make VoIP call which is different from plain and simple GSM call. Maybe a Verizon specific setting for GSM call which require Internet data to be on, but certainly not a global worldwide setting.
- 10-12-2016, 07:44 PM #4
- By bergr in forum iPhone 7 PlusReplies: 44Last Post: 11-02-2016, 09:17 PM
- By simplylaurakb in forum Apple Watch Series 2Replies: 2Last Post: 10-13-2016, 02:21 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-12-2016, 05:49 PM
- By willboyce in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 10-12-2016, 04:21 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-12-2016, 03:29 PM