Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default How do I see the resolution of pictures in macOS Sierra?

Hi,

I went into finder > View >Show view options and the only thing it did was on a folder it told me how many pictures were in the folder in small blue type underneath.

However, all the pictures I have in the location did not show any more information than before. I want to see each pictures resolution, how do I achieve this? This is such basic information I am surprised it is not on just by default (cough windows).

Default Re: How do I see the resolution of pictures in macOS Sierra?

Welcome to iMore!

One of the easiest ways to check for info on an image is to click on the image and then hit Command+I. This will open a menu with a lot of details about the image. As shown below.

How do I see the resolution of pictures in macOS Sierra?-screen-shot-2016-10-12-9.45.47-am.png

Preview is another option. Open the image in Preview and go to Tools>Show Inspector. This will offer you options to choose from depending on the info you would like to see for that image. As shown below.

How do I see the resolution of pictures in macOS Sierra?-screen-shot-2016-10-12-9.57.44-am.jpg

There are also many third party apps available in the App Store that can provide all the details of an image for you.