Which carrier? Australian iPhone 7 & 6S on holiday in NYC & Canada

I

iMore Question

Hi everyone
I am taking my family to NYC for Christmas this year we are travelling from Australia. We will be travelling with an iPhone 7plus & 6S which were both bought in Australia. Am I correct in thinking we will have no issues with an AT&T sim in the USA and a Rogers Sim in Canada? does anyone have better suggestions for casual data while travelling we will be away for 5 weeks, 3 weeks in Canada and 2 in USA. Thank you all for your time
J

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

I can't speak for the US, but here in Canada your best bet is either Rogers or Telus. Check both out, but here in Canada the cellular carriers are very close in prices. Both will have GSM Sim cards and have great area coverage. I don't think you could go wrong with either one of them. Very good customer support as well.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I assume your devices are already unlocked!

In Canada, I suggest Koodo or Fido. The former is on Telus network and the latter, on Rogers.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
From what I understand the iPhone is a world phone? So any sim would work. I believe Verizon has very good coverage in NYC from what I remember.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
From what I understand the iPhone is a world phone? So any sim would work. I believe Verizon has very good coverage in NYC from what I remember.

His iPhone 6S MIGHT have the CDMA radios, but the iPhone 7 Plus probably does not. It's also possible his phone way work LTE only be it's VERY hard to get Verizon to do this and I highly doubt they would for such a short term.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
His iPhone 6S MIGHT have the CDMA radios, but the iPhone 7 Plus probably does not. It's also possible his phone way work LTE only be it's VERY hard to get Verizon to do this and I highly doubt they would for such a short term.

Looking it up, the only phones I see will not work with Verizon/Sprint are phones you buy from ATT or Tmobile. If you get a Verizon/Sprint/Unlocked phone it will work with all networks, including Australia. I did this research because I'm going to Australia in January and wanted to have my ducks in a row with my iPhone and service there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods