I can't find my iPhone it's in my house but the volume is turned off

I

iMore Question

I have a iPad mini and I have find my iPhone app but my phone is muted., the iPad tells me it's in my house but I can't hear a ding or call.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Even if your iPhone is on silent it will still make a sound through the Find My iPhone app. Aside from coming to your house to help you look for it I'm not sure what else we can do to help you.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Even if your iPhone is on silent it will still make a sound through the Find My iPhone app. Aside from coming to your house to help you look for it I'm not sure what else we can do to help you.

Rob, how ? be useful in my house with 5 devices floating about !!

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Rob, how ? be useful in my house with 5 devices floating about !!

How does the device make sound while on silent? Apple overrides the setting. The Clock app does the same thing. My alarms sound even when my iPhone is on silent.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
How does the device make sound while on silent? Apple overrides the setting. The Clock app does the same thing. My alarms sound even when my iPhone is on silent.

That ping sound in Find My iPhone is loud. Sometimes I do it to the daughter just for fun... you know, to see if she's awake lol

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
That ping sound in Find My iPhone is loud. Sometimes I do it to the daughter just for fun... you know, to see if she's awake lol

That's just mean! I think I might try that on my oldest. Yes, it's super loud. We frequently use Find My iPhone to find the iPod Touch my two-year old likes to hide.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR