Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Rob Phillips
  • 1 Post By Ledsteplin
  • 1 Post By Spencerdl
  • 1 Post By jenni122701
  • 2 Post By robertk328
  • 1 Post By Rob Phillips
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default I can't find my iPhone it's in my house but the volume is turned off

I have a iPad mini and I have find my iPhone app but my phone is muted., the iPad tells me it's in my house but I can't hear a ding or call.

Default Re: I can't find my iPhone it's in my house but the volume is turned off

Look in the laundry room. Or in a jacket you have been wearing the past days.

Default Re: I can't find my iPhone it's in my house but the volume is turned off

Welcome to iMore! Even if your iPhone is on silent it will still make a sound through the Find My iPhone app. Aside from coming to your house to help you look for it I'm not sure what else we can do to help you.
    Tartarus likes this.

Under couch cushions! Under bed!
    Tartarus likes this.

Funny Thread.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    iMore Pro

Well I'm interested now. Lol! Ever find it? I hope you do!
    Tartarus likes this.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
    Welcome to iMore! Even if your iPhone is on silent it will still make a sound through the Find My iPhone app. Aside from coming to your house to help you look for it I'm not sure what else we can do to help you.
    Rob, how ? be useful in my house with 5 devices floating about !!

Quote Originally Posted by Wotchered View Post
    Rob, how ? be useful in my house with 5 devices floating about !!
    How does the device make sound while on silent? Apple overrides the setting. The Clock app does the same thing. My alarms sound even when my iPhone is on silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
    How does the device make sound while on silent? Apple overrides the setting. The Clock app does the same thing. My alarms sound even when my iPhone is on silent.
    That ping sound in Find My iPhone is loud. Sometimes I do it to the daughter just for fun... you know, to see if she's awake lol
    Tartarus and MrMars like this.

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    That ping sound in Find My iPhone is loud. Sometimes I do it to the daughter just for fun... you know, to see if she's awake lol
    That's just mean! I think I might try that on my oldest. Yes, it's super loud. We frequently use Find My iPhone to find the iPod Touch my two-year old likes to hide.
    Tartarus likes this.