Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iMore Question
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default What is wrong with my iPhone SE

So I bought a brand new iPhone SE at an AT&T store July 13 and in beginning of aug started noticing some strange things happening on my iPhone ( been using iPhones for years and know how they work , even jailbroken a few so I'm no novice when it comes to them ) I saw an Apple exchange Id, was being locked out of apps , email, and even my phone for hrs without reason or explanation . Huge data spikes even tho I had gotten wifi recently and a router from my home phone provider . Weird wifi addresses showing in my phone .... saying I was using proxys and I wasn't . Strange browser things .. looked diff acted diff .... after weeks of this nonsense my iPhone was sitting quietly one day when a small popping and mini explosion was heard and it became black and unresponsive . I took it to Apple where I was quickly given a brand new one ( without a receipt or question about where I got it ( they could not have looked it up off phone as they said they could not even access it and called it a complete system failure ) and sent on my merry way . Well being used to Apple and put through the ringer in the past when needing help with a broken or messed up phone , I am left wondering if perhaps something else was going on that I was not made aware of ?
    Joy Byerly likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: What is wrong with my iPhone SE

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    So I bought a brand new iPhone SE at an AT&T store July 13 and in beginning of aug started noticing some strange things happening on my iPhone ( been using iPhones for years and know how they work , even jailbroken a few so I'm no novice when it comes to them ) I saw an Apple exchange Id, was being locked out of apps , email, and even my phone for hrs without reason or explanation . Huge data spikes even tho I had gotten wifi recently and a router from my home phone provider . Weird wifi addresses showing in my phone .... saying I was using proxys and I wasn't . Strange browser things .. looked diff acted diff .... after weeks of this nonsense my iPhone was sitting quietly one day when a small popping and mini explosion was heard and it became black and unresponsive . I took it to Apple where I was quickly given a brand new one ( without a receipt or question about where I got it ( they could not have looked it up off phone as they said they could not even access it and called it a complete system failure ) and sent on my merry way . Well being used to Apple and put through the ringer in the past when needing help with a broken or messed up phone , I am left wondering if perhaps something else was going on that I was not made aware of ?

Default Re: What is wrong with my iPhone SE

Welcome to iMore!

Sounds to me like nothing more than a hardware failure.