Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default data transfer between i phones

i have been trying to transfer contacts etc from my iphone 5 to my new 6s. i was using i tunes ,to back up. i connected my old phone but it kept saying it was losing connection...there was a back up from April so i did that ,,,i have lost several apps and contacts .. and now although my contact list seems to have most of them in, when i receive a text it doesnt give me their name ..just there number (44+ etc..) could i put the sim back into the old phone and re-do via the cloud? please help please help ..i dunno what to do

Default Re: data transfer between i phones

Is your contacts associated with an email account? If so, login to that email account via a web browser and verify that the contacts are present. If they are, configure that email account on your new iPhone and enable the toggle next to contacts in the Mail settings. That should cause the contacts to sync to your iPhone.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: data transfer between i phones

Please don't worry, you can use Phone Transfer tool to transfer contacts, etc from your iphone 5 to your new 6s. It can easily transfer data between mobile phones on PC, such as contacts, text messages, apps, photos and more.