Purely on camera alone, could you recommend an iPhone 7 over a GS6 edge?

I

iMore Question

I am currently the owner of a Galaxy S6 edge, and am looking at upgrading. I've been an android user since the Nexus One, then a Galaxy Nexus, then a Lumia 1020 (don't judge, I loved WP, if they had an app ecosystem I'd still be there), and then went back to a Galaxy S6 edge.

The most important aspect for me on a phone is the camera, I don't game much or anything like that. I take pictures, watch youtube, and mainly check reddit and facebook. The GS6 edge takes some amazing photos, and while I know that the iPhone 7 typically is not as good as a GS7, I'm wondering if it's better than my 6 enough to swap. The fact is Android bores me and I want to try something new, but not if it means going to a worse camera. An incremental upgrade for me is still fine. Also, I've always been somewhat intrigued by iPhone.

So, purely on camera alone, could you recommend an iPhone 7 over a GS6 edge?

Thanks everyone,
Brooke

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 7, in my opinion, is an awesome device, and the few pics I've taken with it have looked great. Still, what looks great to "me" may not look great to "you". With that in mind, I can easily recommend the iPhone 7, but only you can determine if its camera is good enough.

ETechMaster2002

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
Hey! In my own personal experience using a GS6 Edge and iPhone 7, I can say that the iPhone 7 does take better photos than the S6 Edge. However, like Just_Me_D said, it is truly up to you to decide what camera is the best - you can always try going to a Best Buy store to try all of the camera's out. :)

frith360

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I think I'm going to pull the trigger, got a buyer for my GS6 edge with my gear fit and wireless charger for 500$, gonna go all in on an iPhone 7, and later either an Apple Watch, or a Moto 360/Asus Zenwatch 2.

Thanks everyone :D
Brooke

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner