change login screen on mac sierra

I

iMore Question

i really have no desire to see the blurry default mountain.... i am unable to remove the default picture. i would prefer changing it without having to download an app...

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

First you need to have an image sized at 1920?1080 for your replacement. Save it to your desktop and name it com.apple.desktop.admin.png.

Next open Finder and hit Command-Shift-G. This will open a search menu, type /Library/Caches/ in and hit enter.

A new Finder window will appear showing the contents of the entered path, and you’ll see a file labeled “com.apple.desktop.admin.png” in the folder. Change the name of the existing file to com.apple.desktop.admin1.png. This will allow you to keep the original image in place in case you want to go back to it. Then drag and drop the version of the file that you created from your Desktop to the Caches folder, agreeing to replace the existing file when prompted.

Reboot your Mac and it should show your new image.

LuckyDuke

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Did you really test this with MacOS Sierra? Did not work for me at all. It seems that under MacOS Sierra the login screen wallpaper always is the file sierra.jpg in "Library/Desktop Pictures". So to change the blurred background simply replace the original sierra.jpg by another picture with same name. Problem ist that the login screen wallpaper remains blurred and I don't know yet how to get an unblurred one....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2