IOS 10 Wallpaper

barans

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
My iPhone 7 has suddenly reverted to the home screen wallpaper that I recently changed. When I go into the Wallpaper settings to change it back I am only allowed to change the wallpaper for the lock screen. I no longer have the option to select Home or Lock on the bottom of the wallpaper I'm choosing. Any ideas about what is causing this?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
re:

I found this solution in another thread, its worth a shot, basically he says close all your open apps, THEN restart your device...

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-6-plus/319823-cant-change-my-wallpaper.html#post2631680

To close open apps, double press the home button, then flick up each open app, to close it. THEN restart by holding power and the home button at the same time for 10 seconds or until the apple logo appears (use the down volume key instead of home for iPhone 7/7+).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I didn't see where closing all apps would have any affect on setting wallpaper. A hard reset for sure.
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
If that doesn't work, try Reset All Settings.
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I didn't see where closing all apps would have any affect on setting wallpaper. A hard reset for sure.
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
If that doesn't work, try Reset All Settings.
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

Found the solution on the forums, it's not my own, BUT I trust you more than a random forum member. ;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Found the solution on the forums, it's not my own, BUT I trust you more than a random forum member. ;)

My questioning was actually for whomever posted that. If it worked, it was the reset, not the swiping. It's probably how they did it and didn't know exactly what worked.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711