Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ledsteplin
  • 1 Post By Ledsteplin
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default IOS 10 Wallpaper

My iPhone 7 has suddenly reverted to the home screen wallpaper that I recently changed. When I go into the Wallpaper settings to change it back I am only allowed to change the wallpaper for the lock screen. I no longer have the option to select Home or Lock on the bottom of the wallpaper I'm choosing. Any ideas about what is causing this?
  2. Best Answer

I didn't see where closing all apps would have any affect on setting wallpaper. A hard reset for sure.
    Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
    If that doesn't work, try Reset All Settings.
    Reset All Settings
    Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

Q&A Jedi

Default re:

I found this solution in another thread, its worth a shot, basically he says close all your open apps, THEN restart your device...

Cant change my wallpaper

To close open apps, double press the home button, then flick up each open app, to close it. THEN restart by holding power and the home button at the same time for 10 seconds or until the apple logo appears (use the down volume key instead of home for iPhone 7/7+).

Default IOS 10 Wallpaper

I didn't see where closing all apps would have any affect on setting wallpaper. A hard reset for sure.
    Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
    Reset All Settings
    Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.
    pkcable likes this.
    Q&A Jedi

Default Re: IOS 10 Wallpaper

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Reset All Settings
    Found the solution on the forums, it's not my own, BUT I trust you more than a random forum member.

Default Re: IOS 10 Wallpaper

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    Found the solution on the forums, it's not my own, BUT I trust you more than a random forum member.

My questioning was actually for whomever posted that. If it worked, it was the reset, not the swiping. It's probably how they did it and didn't know exactly what worked.
    pkcable likes this.