Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rob Phillips
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default How to restore a bricked iPhone 6? (not a easy case - expert help needed)

So my friend gave me this bricked iPhone, and asked if i can help, so i thought it must be a simple restore process, but it isn't.

The symptom:
    If you try to turn on the phone, or plug it in while iTunes is on, the phone will stay black for a minute or maybe more then turn on the backlight of the screen, with nothing on it. it stays like this then turns off and does it again...

What i tried:
    1) Tried doing an update - nothing happens, it takes 10 minutes then iTunes shows an error.
    2) Tried doing a restore - same issue.
    3) Tried recovery mode, but nothing happens
    3) Entered DFU mode and did a restore (the process here seems promising) the phone will go through extracting software and preparing for restore, then says waiting for phone, and the phone will show a black screen with a white apple logo, and stays there until the process fails.

I have searched this issue on google Youtube, with no hope, as all their videos are barely considered bricked.

Would appreciate some experts opinion

Thank you in advance

Default Re: How to restore a bricked iPhone 6? (not a easy case - expert help needed)

Welcome to iMore! In my experience you have a definite hardware problem, probably with the phone's logic board. If that's the case you might as well get a new phone. I don't know for sure though. You might want to take it into a repair shop and have them look at it.
    firedept10 likes this.