How to restore a bricked iPhone 6? (not a easy case - expert help needed)

I

iMore Question

So my friend gave me this bricked iPhone, and asked if i can help, so i thought it must be a simple restore process, but it isn't.

The symptom:
If you try to turn on the phone, or plug it in while iTunes is on, the phone will stay black for a minute or maybe more then turn on the backlight of the screen, with nothing on it. it stays like this then turns off and does it again...

What i tried:
1) Tried doing an update - nothing happens, it takes 10 minutes then iTunes shows an error.
2) Tried doing a restore - same issue.
3) Tried recovery mode, but nothing happens
3) Entered DFU mode and did a restore (the process here seems promising) the phone will go through extracting software and preparing for restore, then says waiting for phone, and the phone will show a black screen with a white apple logo, and stays there until the process fails.

I have searched this issue on google Youtube, with no hope, as all their videos are barely considered bricked.

Would appreciate some experts opinion :)

Thank you in advance

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! In my experience you have a definite hardware problem, probably with the phone's logic board. If that's the case you might as well get a new phone. I don't know for sure though. You might want to take it into a repair shop and have them look at it.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2