Location based reminders problem

IgorKat

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Since 10.0.2, I have problems with location based reminders. I have iPhone 6s 64 and iPad Air Wifi+Cell 64, both are on latest iOS.
Problem is, and I tested this for a few days, that reminders don't go off on location unless Wifi is on. That is short story, a long one would be like this:
When I set reminder, via Siri or manually, everything is ok, I can see location based reminder on both devices. If I turn on cellular only on iPhone and cellular and Wifi on iPad, only iPad will notify me when I arrive to location. Mind to say, there is no wifi networks around for iPad to connect to since I'm on my parking lot but still reminder works without problems. Not so on iPhone where only 3G is enabled. The moment I turn on Wifi on same location, reminder immediately goes off on iPhone (and I'm still on my parking lot where location is set to go off).
This happens vice versa too, if iPhone has enabled wifi and 3G and iPad only 3G (in that case iPhone will remind but not iPad).

Does anyone have similar problems? I double checked all settings, location services, notifications, siri access to maps and so on but still have the same problem. Why would it go off if Wifi is enabled without connection to wifi networks and not on 3G?

Thank you!

IgorKat

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
And yes I do know that GPS is the one that should pinpoint my location and not 3G or Wifi (but for sure they can help for more precise location) but still I'm not sure why does it work when Wifi is enabled and not when is turned off. Thank you.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods