Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Garz
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Verizon Store Pick Up iPhone 7 Glass Protector Already Installed?

My dad picked up his new iPhone 7 Plus today from the Verizon store but for some reason, there was already a glass screen protector already on it.

I've seen some unboxing videos, and all of them only have that thin plastic film, but this one actually looks like a glass protector, it's hard and looks exactly like the glass protector on my phone

I don't know if the people in the store did it for him or not and didn't tell him, he said he didn't pay anything

Or could it be they gave him a refurbished one?
    Retired Moderator

Default Re: Verizon Store Pick Up iPhone 7 Glass Protector Already Installed?

There are no refurbished this fast but hopefully they didn't sell him a return.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Sounds like he got sold a returned phone. Apple phones won't come with a glass screen protector on a new phone.

Did he ask them about it?

Definitely sounds like a returned device. Lame.

If it were me, I'd take it back and have them switch it out for a new one, and then I'd inspect it throughly in their presence.
    iMore Nanite

hey, sorry guys, i just found out it wasn't a glass protector, the plastic film was still on and for some reason it felt hard and i could see a raised surface, but my dad peeled off the film today and it turned out the hard surface was actually the film itself

but i could have sworn there was a raised hard surface that was not part of the film but apparently not

unless someone secretly took it off today since he went back to the store today

Quote Originally Posted by VietnamTom View Post
    hey, sorry guys, i just found out it wasn't a glass protector, the plastic film was still on and for some reason it felt hard and i could see a raised surface, but my dad peeled off the film today and it turned out the hard surface was actually the film itself

but i could have sworn there was a raised hard surface that was not part of the film but apparently not

unless someone secretly took it off today since he went back to the store today
    Oh ha. If it was the film then they's different. Lol.