Verizon Store Pick Up iPhone 7 Glass Protector Already Installed?

I

iMore Question

My dad picked up his new iPhone 7 Plus today from the Verizon store but for some reason, there was already a glass screen protector already on it.

I've seen some unboxing videos, and all of them only have that thin plastic film, but this one actually looks like a glass protector, it's hard and looks exactly like the glass protector on my phone

I don't know if the people in the store did it for him or not and didn't tell him, he said he didn't pay anything

Or could it be they gave him a refurbished one?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If it were me, I'd take it back and have them switch it out for a new one, and then I'd inspect it throughly in their presence.

VietnamTom

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
hey, sorry guys, i just found out it wasn't a glass protector, the plastic film was still on and for some reason it felt hard and i could see a raised surface, but my dad peeled off the film today and it turned out the hard surface was actually the film itself :confused:

but i could have sworn there was a raised hard surface that was not part of the film but apparently not

unless someone secretly took it off today since he went back to the store today

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
hey, sorry guys, i just found out it wasn't a glass protector, the plastic film was still on and for some reason it felt hard and i could see a raised surface, but my dad peeled off the film today and it turned out the hard surface was actually the film itself :confused:

but i could have sworn there was a raised hard surface that was not part of the film but apparently not

unless someone secretly took it off today since he went back to the store today

Oh ha. If it was the film then they's different. Lol.