Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By comiken205
  • 2 Post By Ledsteplin
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Wifi greyed out

Hello, I have a iPhone 6 for a couple of days, I bought it from a man who bought an Iphone 7. The iPhone is 1 year and 4 months old.

Now, the problem is that the wifi symbol, on top of the screen (left) turns grey sometimes. Usually is 3-4 times a day. When the wifi symbol is grey, I can't do anything, I can't open apps, only camera, notitions, calculator... Then I don't have internet anymore, because the wifi connection is gone AND it can't connect to the data network, because the greyed out wifi symbol is still there...

I called the Apple support and I did everything they said, but nothing helped... I restarted, rebooted, I used the phone "as a new user"...

Can someone help me?

Thank you a lot!!!
    iMore Intermediate

175 Posts

Default Re: Wifi greyed out

Go to Settings>General>Reset> and Reset Network Settings That will remove all of your wifi passwords and reconnect to your 4G/LTE network. You will have to input the wifi password again. That will clear any data connection hangups. Give it a try and see if that will help.
    pkcable likes this.

Or just "forget this network" then sign back in to wifi.
    comiken205 and pkcable like this.
    Q&A Jedi

3,349 Posts

Welcome to iMore.com! You have received two good suggestions. Please join the site so you can post a response and let us know how you made out. It's easy, here's how...
    [Guide] How to Sign Up at iMore