- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Mobile Nations / iMore - sales referral ethics
Towards the top of the iMore front page, there are links for the four US providers and Apple's website to buy iPhone 7.
Some of the links - Apple, Sprint - seem normal links, but.. AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile links seem more like referral links, with I am assuming some form of monetary kick-back for iMore / Mobile Nations.
1) Why isnt this clearly stated as an advertisement referral links? Your other advert banners etc are indicated
2) When you're presumably rewarded for selling something you are reviewing and such a key product, doesn't that - rightly or wrongly - raise questions of editorial conflict of interest?
Genuine questions to which I'm happy to have robust rebuttals!
Last edited by wdowell; 09-28-2016 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Clarity in headline of who is concerned.
- 09-28-2016, 06:29 AM #2
- 7,741 Posts
Re: Mobile Nations / iMore - sales referral ethics
Welcome to iMore! Those are direct links, not clickthrough links that are normally tagged to ads to track what web site referred the visitor over. It appears that the editorial team put the links there merely for convenience.
- By Tech198 in forum Site Feedback & HelpReplies: 3Last Post: 09-26-2016, 10:27 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-24-2016, 10:33 AM
- By IzzyFrizzy in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-24-2016, 07:26 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-22-2016, 08:12 PM
- By Bayzero in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-21-2016, 11:55 AM