MacBook Pro 15 inch early 2011 no longer receiving Safari updates
When my MacBook Pro stopped receiving Safari updates I switched to Crome. Now I understand that Crome will stop receiving updates. Current system is running OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11GB3) Looking at some previous responses it looks like can still update my Operating System.
The current configuration is:
2 GHz Intel Core B
4 GB 1333 MH2 DDR3
4 GB Memory (2GB + 2GB)
500 GB Sata Disk
OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11GB3)
Any help as to what I should or can update to would be greatly appreciated.
- 09-26-2016, 07:18 PM #2
- 09-26-2016, 07:19 PM #3
- 4,123 Posts
Re: MacBook Pro 15 inch early 2011 no longer receiving Safari updates
Welcome to iMore!
With that MBP you will be able to run Sierra. I have a 2010 MBP that is currently running Sierra. Great OS X that runs very smooth. I strongly suggest going to Sierra. Take note that it will be very different from Lion. The only other thing I would suggest would be to change the hard drive in your Mac. I would go with a SSD. It will help speed up your MBP. Those would be my suggestions. Will also give you a couple more years out of your MBP.
Hope this information helps you.
- By baseballbert in forum iOS 10Replies: 4Last Post: 09-26-2016, 10:01 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-26-2016, 07:41 PM
- By BR34KF4ST in forum iPhone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 09-26-2016, 05:44 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-26-2016, 04:56 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-26-2016, 12:47 AM