Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default when i attempt to edit a contact, it looks like it updated but then goes back to old information

how do i edit contacts in my iPhone? every time I edit and then hit done, it reverts back to old information
    iMore Beginner

Default Re: when i attempt to edit a contact, it looks like it updated but then goes back to old information

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    how do i edit contacts in my iPhone? every time I edit and then hit done, it reverts back to old information
    This happens to me as well. I think it's a bug. Someone texted me with their new phone number. So from messages, I attempted to add to existing contact. There wasn't an option for that so I went through contacts. I updated it, but in messages it wouldn't update from the number to the name. After several attempts, I DELETED the first contact and then created a new one. As soon as I put in the name, the old info popped up. I ended up with two contacts of the same name and had to link.

Default Re: when i attempt to edit a contact, it looks like it updated but then goes back to old information

Do you have contacts linked to an email? Maybe that's why they don't change on your device