Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Imessage issue

The other day my account was compromised and I had to change my apple ID password and my imessage doesn't work anymore. Only a few people that have iphones can get a text to me but a ton of people never get a delivered message. I can get through to some people via a text but nothing with an imessage. I've called Apple and Sprint and nothing has worked.... I've tried the signing out of facetime, messages and resetting the network stuff. Does anyone know how to correct this? It's been like this for at least 3 days now. Thanks in advance
    iMore Beginner

Default Re: Imessage issue

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    The other day my account was compromised and I had to change my apple ID password and my imessage doesn't work anymore. Only a few people that have iphones can get a text to me but a ton of people never get a delivered message. I can get through to some people via a text but nothing with an imessage. I've called Apple and Sprint and nothing has worked.... I've tried the signing out of facetime, messages and resetting the network stuff. Does anyone know how to correct this? It's been like this for at least 3 days now. Thanks in advance
    I've heard of this happening, all with Sprint customers.
    iMore Nanite

This sucks man... People literally think that I'm avoiding them. I hate seeing that green bubble too.

OP, What phone do you use? Have you tried Reset All Settings?
    Reset All Settings
    Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.
    You say you tried signing out of iMessage, then sign back in.
    How do you know your phone was compromised?
    Is the phone still in warranty?