How to plug my new lightning earpods into my Mac.
LOVE my new iPhone 7+ thought I was clever ordered a headphone adapter BEFORE it arrived (read iMore and knew jack was going away) and was ready but didn't realize one thing. I travel ALL THE TIME and usually only carry one pair of headphones. With my new phone I moved the lightning ones to my bag. Was sitting at Chili's surfing the web on my mac. Saw a funny item on YouTube and went to move my headphones from my phone to my Mac to listen to the audio on the video but OOOPPPSS. Won't work. And i can't find an adapter anywhere that takes you from Lightening to 3.5mm (plenty the other way). So now I have to carry two pairs of headphones? Didn't see that coming. AirPods can't get here fast enough. Anyone seen an small adapter to fix this?
- 09-20-2016, 07:59 PM #2
- 09-20-2016, 08:24 PM #3iMore Intermediate
- 221 Posts
Re: How to plug my new lightning earpods into my Mac.
In your case if you are only going to carry one set of EarPods you would go with the old EarPods. Use the Dongle adapter with your phone and plug direct into your Mac.
Think about it. Either way an adapter would be required. If you want to use the new EarPods like you noted you need a different adapter to make the reverse work with ur Mac.
- 09-20-2016, 08:34 PM #4
- 09-20-2016, 08:34 PM #5
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-20-2016, 07:40 PM
- By n8ter#AC in forum macOS SierraReplies: 8Last Post: 09-20-2016, 07:10 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-20-2016, 07:08 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-20-2016, 06:18 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-20-2016, 05:29 PM