How to plug my new lightning earpods into my Mac.

I

iMore Question

LOVE my new iPhone 7+ thought I was clever ordered a headphone adapter BEFORE it arrived (read iMore and knew jack was going away) and was ready but didn't realize one thing. I travel ALL THE TIME and usually only carry one pair of headphones. With my new phone I moved the lightning ones to my bag. Was sitting at Chili's surfing the web on my mac. Saw a funny item on YouTube and went to move my headphones from my phone to my Mac to listen to the audio on the video but OOOPPPSS. Won't work. And i can't find an adapter anywhere that takes you from Lightening to 3.5mm (plenty the other way). So now I have to carry two pairs of headphones? Didn't see that coming. AirPods can't get here fast enough. Anyone seen an small adapter to fix this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did not the included EarPods come with an adapter that allows for them to work with the old standard earphone jack of your Mac?

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
In your case if you are only going to carry one set of EarPods you would go with the old EarPods. Use the Dongle adapter with your phone and plug direct into your Mac.

Think about it. Either way an adapter would be required. If you want to use the new EarPods like you noted you need a different adapter to make the reverse work with ur Mac.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Did not the included EarPods come with an adapter that allows for them to work with the old standard earphone jack of your Mac?

He was looking for a female lighting to make Aux the one included is male lighting to female aux .. so no way to use new headphone on any other device besides iPhone or iPad.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Give it time I'm sure one will come out until then I say use the old headphones with the supplied adapter that came in the box

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods